Tuesday, July 6, 2010

HostGator Review

I’ve been using HostGator web hosting for a few months now and decided to post a short review on how it’s working out.

Previously I was using free hosting for my other websites and I have to admit I was a bit hesitant about signing up for paid hosting. However there were some features which I considered necessary for the http://e-productsreview.com website that I was not able to find with free hosting.

So I decided to start off with a monthly Hatchling plan @ $8.95 per month with HostGator as this would give me the flexibility to upgrade my hosting plan if required or to cancel my subscription if I was not happy with the hosting service.

Account and website setup was very straight forward:
• Select your desired hosting plan
• Choose your domain option (register a new domain or enter your existing domain information). • Enter your personal details and credit card information.
• Install and customize Wordpress.


The thing that impressed me most about HostGator is the Control Panel, which contains a number of great features such as Website Statistics, Fantastico (Shopping Carts, Blogs, Portals, Forums), Password Protected Directories and a Web Based File Manager.

There are a number of web hosting plans to suit your requirements and budget. Every web hosting plan comes with a 45 day money back guarantee, 99.9% uptime guarantee, and is fully guaranteed by the owner himself.


Hatchling Plan

•Single Domain
•UNLIMITED Disk Space
•UNLIMITED Bandwidth
•Shared SSL Certificate

3 Years: $4.95 p/m
2 Years: $5.95 p/m
1 Year: $6.95 p/m
Monthly: $8.95 p/m

Baby Plan

•UNLIMITED Domains
•UNLIMITED Disk Space
•UNLIMITED Bandwidth
•Shared SSL Certificate

3 Years: $7.95 p/m
2 Years: $8.95 p/m
1 Year: $9.95 p/m
Monthly: $9.95 p/m


Business Plan

•UNLIMITED Domains
•UNLIMITED Disk Space
•UNLIMITED Bandwidth
•FREE Dedicated SSL & IP
•FREE Toll-Free Number

3 Years: $12.95 p/m
2 Years: $13.95 p/m
1 Year: $14.95 p/m
Monthly: $14.95 p/m

(The above pricing is in USD and accurate at time of posting).


Pros:

• Unlimited disk space and bandwidth.
• Top class Control Panel
• Easy to use website backup and FTP functions.
• Video Tutorials


Cons:

None to date.


Conclusion:

So far I have been very pleased with the hosting service provided by HostGator. I have not noticed any downtime or slow browsing speed. In fact I plan to upgrade from a Hatchling to a Baby plan in the near future to avail of unlimited domains and to consolidate all of my websites with HostGator.


Visit the HostGator Website >>


To read this review on http://e-productsreview.com click on the link below.

HostGator Review >>

No comments:

Post a Comment